Ben & his crew run Namotu Kite Weeks each July & August. The next available dates are:
July 2015 - SOME PLACES STILL AVAILABLE. Email Ben to find out more.
August 2015 - SOLD OUT.
2016 - Click here to enquire about joining the wait-list for 2016.
Whether you're travelling alone, with friends or your partner, the Island has a room to suit your needs.
Fijian Bure A & B (previously VIP Bures)
Shared bungalow, large room with 6 single sized beds, deck facing the ocean, a/c, each VIP Bure has it's own bathroom and shower facilities.
- Coaching: $4,490USD per person – up to 6 people in one room
- Non-coaching/kiting: $2,990USD per person – up to 6 people in one room
Beach Bure 1, 2, & 3
Private a/c bungalow with own bathroom, private deck facing Tavarua Island and the sunrise.
- Coaching: $4,790USD per person - based on double occupancy
- Non-coaching/kiting: $3,290USD per person – based on double occupancy
Pacific Bure A & B
Private a/c room with natural stone and marble used to give modern designs with a rustic feel. Includes own ensuite bathroom, entry and deck facing the ocean.
- Coaching: $4,980USD per person - based on double occupancy
- Non-coaching/kiting: $3,480USD per person – based on double occupancy
- Third person (if desired) sleeps on single or daybed & pays $2,990USD
Private a/c master bedroom in the villa, private deck, marble floors, bath, beautiful room and outlook. Access to living room (includes television and stereo) and pool off your deck.
- Coaching: $4,990USD per person - based on double occupancy
- Non-coaching/kiting: $3,490USD per person – based on double occupancy
Blue Room & Pink Room in Villa
Private a/c bedroom in the villa, shares bathroom with other rooms. Access to living room (includes television and stereo) and pool off your deck.
- Coaching: $4,690USD per person - based on double occupancy
- Non-coaching/kiting: $3,190USD per person – based on double occupancy
When booking, you must book for the entire week on the dates listed. The island works in one week blocks from Saturday to Saturday. Check in is from 11am Saturdays with checkout at 10am the following Saturday.
Play & Meet
Play & Meet
Get amongst it. No matter what your level there is something for everyone – in your time and when you feel like it. Fancy a morning wakeboard or surf at Cloudbreak - just hook up at the beach bar to catch a ride. Prefer a chilled snorkel or dive - book at your leisure. The reef surrounds your home for the week and the choice is yours. Uniquely, at Ben's Kite Week, we include stretching and yoga, strength and core workouts and a range of scheduled activities not normally offered to the island's guests.
Whether or not you're traveling alone, as a group or a couple you'll end up meeting an amazing set of like-minded individuals. From all corners of the globe, all levels of kitesurfing, surfing and those who prefer to chill by the bar. A kindred spirit brings everyone together in a unique and natural manner. Most of all this is the one place on earth you can combine the best of everything - and just be yourself.
R & R
R & R
Built into our kite weeks is the crucial R&R. Once you hit the sand you're on Namotu Island time. Kite when it's windy, SUP when it's flat and glassy, or surf when the waves are pumping – nature sets your agenda. Have an individual yoga or stretch session, read a book by the pool, book a divine massage or just relax by the bar.
Rediscover the sense of play, of achievement and of absolute harmony with nature. Reset your hard drive and peel back all the layers of stress, work and demands on your time. The effect is immediate and the feeling lasts back at home.
Beginner instruction: We will coach you from the ground up with one of our expert instructors, we have full boat support and if you’re ready to learn, we believe Namotu is the ultimate learning ground.
Intermediate to advanced wave riding instruction: No matter what you’re goal is, Ben Wilson will work with you to try and reach it. Common things we work on are kite positioning, riding toe-side, progressing from strapped to strapless, going from a twin-tip to a surfboard, strapless airs, riding un-hooked and all the turns you can do in the waves.
We also include learn to surf sessions with help from Namotu's incredible lifeguards. These guys are professionals and available all week to help make your stay as fun as possible.
Prices are quoted in USD and start at $2,990USDpp and are current for 2015 only. Check out 'Stay' tab for complete package information. To lock in your space, we require a 25% per person deposit (per person, per week). This deposit is non refundable and non transferable. Again, this is first come first serve, so please let us know what space you would like to take and we will confirm the current availability.
Payment in full: Payment in full is due 120 days prior to departure
- 60+ Days Prior to Departure - 1st deposit non-refundable, non transferable
- 31-59 Days Prior to Departure - 50% penalty (total cost of trip)
- 00-30 Days Prior to Departure - 100% penalty (no refund)
*Please ensure you have a comprehensive travel insurance plan prior to travel. You will need a plan that covers medical emergencies and transport, trip cancellation, travel changes, loss of property and luggage at a minimum. Note - in the event travel is cancelled due to bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, we cannot offer a refund.
The best way to arrive is by plane to Nadi International Airport. You’ll be picked up by one of Namotu’s private shuttles and transferred to a small cove 45minutes away. From there, you travel by boat to tropical paradise – your home for the week. Helicopter charters are available but must be arranged independently.
Spend the Saturday afternoon settling into your bure, surfing, kiting and exploring the island before the welcome drinks with your hosts, Ben and Nikki at 6pm. While the weather is normally reliable, it does influence the day’s activities. We aim to maximise kiting when it’s windy and surf, SUP, snorkel, kayak, sail and swim when it’s glassy. There’s always something to do but the timetable is flexible to allow maximum enjoyment of the conditions.
Checkout is 10am on Sunday. Hop on the final boat ride home where you'll be bused back to Nadi Airport or a destination of your choosing.
Do I need travel insurance? Yes, it is compulsory. You will need a plan that covers medical emergencies and transport, trip cancellation, travel changes, loss of property and luggage. We recommend a comprehensive cover to ensure you're protected.
Max number of guests per week? 23
Best time for wind? May to Sep, but the trade winds can blow anytime and are historically the most consistent in August.
Best time for Swell? April, May & June, but swell year round.
Internet? Yes, wireless internet is available for a one off flat rate for your week.
Water temperature? Around 26 degrees.
Do you need a wetsuit? No, but a long sleeve wetsuit vest can be handy sometimes for wind chill.
Strength of wind? It can be any strength, but normal trades are about 15-20knots and we mostly ride on 8m - 10m kites.
Do I need kitesurfing experience? No experience necessary – but we do need to know in advance what level of lessons you require as these details are important for resource and to maintain the VIP instructor/support boat ratio. To avoid disappointment please ensure you book in advance. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Can you ride a twin tip? Yes there are some nice flat water spots.
What are the waves like? Depending on swell size there is any type of that you want, long and hollow, or short and fun.
Can you ask for vegetarian meals when booking? Yes, we can cater to a range of dietary restrictions, just ask.
Will harnesses & kitesurfing equipment be available to buy during the week? If you pre-order – there are limited harnesses and spare gear on the island so please be prepared and bring your own gear or contact us before hand with what you may need.
Can I get a special rate on BWSurf gear? Yes, Namotu guests will receive our special friends and family rate on our products anytime.
Do I need booties? It's a good idea as they are pretty much essential if you’re learning to kite or want to surf when it's shallow on the reef.
Will there be booties for sale or bring your own? Bring your own. We ask that you bring all your own personal items such as booties, sunscreen, wax, legropes, surfboards, kites & accessories. There are some SUPs and soft-top longboards available but we will unfortunately have limited gear on the island.
Is there a shop for basic items? There is a small store on the island but realistically imagine you are in the middle of nowhere, plan for your personal needs, sunscreens, any medications, rash vest etc before you get here. We’ll send you a list of things to pack as a guide.
What do I need to bring for SCUBA diving? Please make sure you have your PADI certificate and bring your own gear if you like. There will be equipment available, however if you are particular, we recommend bringing wetsuit, fins & snorkel.
Can I bring children under 18? Not typically.
Terms & Conditions
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Additional Requirements are on a 'request only' basis and are not guaranteed.
- We require the payment of a non-refundable deposit of 25% of total tariff to confirm a booking
- Payment can be made by PayPal or bank transfer
- The balance payable 120 days prior to departure
- No refund for early departures
- Check-in is at 11:00am on Saturday and check-out is by 10:00 am on the following Saturday. Early check-in and late departure is not available.
- Only the number of guests paid for and showing on the receipt may stay on the Island
- All bed and bathroom linen is provided.
- We do not accept any liability in contract or in tort for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or other events which are beyond our control, including but not limited to war, cyclone, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government or any authorities, accidents to or failure of machinery or equipment. Failure by the client to obtain a passport, visa, proper vaccinations or travel insurance.
- Costs are quoted in US Dollars and therefore may cause fluctuations in prices when converted to other currencies.
PACKAGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Flight details should be provided at time of booking or prior to travel to ensure transfers are arranged
- Please notify us in advance of any dietary requirements so we can accommodate you
- SCUBA diving is an additional cost and proof of endorsement must be provided (please bring PADI cert)
- Bookings for additional services such as SCUBA and massage can be arranged on the island and are subject to availability
- Bar tab must be paid in full prior to departure
CONDITION OF OCCUPANCY
- Rooms must not be used for any unlawful purpose
- The Guest will be liable for payment of any charges incurred by any Guest together with all replacements and necessary costs for any damage or loss to the apartment and its contents or Island caused by any Guest
- The Guest authorises the manager to charge any credit card for any loss, damage or monetary contribution for which any Guest is liable under this document or otherwise
- Neither the Island, staff or crew is liable for any damage or loss of property, which a Guest may sustain while on the complex
- Cancellations should be made in writing by e-mail to
- Cancellations including original deposit are non-transferable and non-refundable. However we do our best to fill spots and reimburse the cancelled guest the full amount less any bank charges.
- We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances including travel cancellation due to inclement weather, natural disaster and personal circumstances as we do not accept any liablity for any costs you may incur.